Natural look is beautiful but don’t you think adding allure to your office appearance won’t be a bad idea.
There is a saying that appearing natural often gets really boring, oops! That’s a twist of a quote.
I’m just like you, yes! I’m that lady who shows up at the office barefaced and most times looks like someone who hasn’t had a good sleep over the weekend.
That’s why I climbed hills and mountains just to get an expert on this article, who gave steps in achieving a simple elegant office look, what to watch out for when shopping for your makeup products and must have makeup apparatus in your kit.
In an interview with Kemisola, the owner of Brownniesbrowws, she gave us a few steps in achieving a classy and simple make up every time we show up in the office.
Before you decide how you want the brows to be or the color of lipstick you’re planning to wear to work and make them all swarm around you… Hey, honeybee, you have to shop for the following listed apparatus in your makeup kit for basic makeup:
- Wipes: face wipes or cleansing wipes are perfect for cleaning dirts or oil from face before makeup begins or to clean your face before using facial cleanser and face scrub after the day. So it’s an essential tool you must have in your kit.
- Primer: this is basically used to create a smooth surface before adding makeup. It also enhances every other part of the face. It’s use for lips, eyes. Primer literally creates an extra layer between your skin and what you are applying (makeup).
- Corrector: Dermablend.com analysed color correcting as a method of using complementary colors (colors that are directly opposite in the color spectrum) to cancel out the look of skin discoloration. Color correcting concealers generally come in green, lavender, yellow and coral tones. They are used to target an array of skin issues such as dullness, redness, under eye circles, dark spots and bruises.
- Foundation: Foundation is part of face makeup and its function is to create an even base before every other product follows.
- Powder : this Is another cosmetic product that mattifies the face, reduces shine and absorbs oil.
- Eyeshadow: eyeshadow is a cosmetic applied primarily to the eyelids to make the wearer’s eyes stand out and look more attractive. However, the shade of eyeshadow you wear to the office shouldn’t be too popping like the ones you wear for an Owambe party.
- Brows pencil or gel: brows pencils are used to sketch desired brows shape according to individual eyebrow shapes. Also, eyebrow gels help tame and shape brow hairs.
- Eyeliner: is a cosmetic used to define the eyes. It is applied around the contours of the eye to create a variety of aesthetic effects
- Lipstick: lipstick is a cosmetic that applies color, texture, and protection to the lips.
- Finishing spray: Setting spray is a cosmetic product designed to preserve applied make-up in place for long periods of time.
- Brush set and beauty sponge or blender:
The procedure to take in doing a simple day to day makeup steps are given in the steps below:
STEP 1: clean ur face with wipes or dirt remover
STEP 2: prime your face
STEP 3: color correct any imperfections
STEP 4: Use a matte foundation
STEP 5: lightly define your brows
STEP 6: apply nude eyeshadow to your eyelid
STEP 7: apply eyeliner
STEP 8: apply powder
STEP 9: prime ur lips and apply nude colour of lipstick
STEP 10 (optional): spray your finishing spray (long lasting spray )
The beautician also talked about what to consider when buying your foundation. She said:
First, know your skin type. If you have oily skin, stick to a mattifying base as this will help you with shine control.
Second, choose the coverage you want. Either matte or dewy coverage
Third, know your undertones.
Miss Kemisola, however, suggested Nude lipstick when asked for the shade of lipstick that goes for all skin types. According to her, nude suits all skin but some people love glamour! Omg colors, so we have to consider what they preferred too.
Talking of foundation that suits all skin types, she recommends a Matte foundation, saying it is nice and that’s why I would like to recommend a Nigerian brand called Zikel Cosmetics, their products are very nice and affordable.
So for more tips check her out on Instagram @browniesbroww.
For this new week and beyond, give your colleagues a new look with minimal glam that shows the other sides they don’t know exist. Step out for the week in a new look.