The first thing that comes to mind when you hear or see the term ‘Sugar Mummy’, is an older woman who is in love or sexual relationship with a younger guy and this is the 21st Century’s.
No one really cares what you do with your life. I can guess that being a Sugar Mummy in the 70s or 80s would be something hideous both for the woman and the man. But now? There is nothing actually new or hidden under the sun. Live, Love and Laugh right?
Just as in every dating site, there are also numerous sites advertising sugar mummies to interested younger men, vice versa; which has helped a lot of ‘shying out’ sugar mummies who do not have that courage to ask these men out physically.
However, the social media has made almost all things easy and connection is top on the list.
I do not want to think everyone knows who a sugar mummy is, so let’s start by talking about who a sugar mummy is and why is Sugar associated with Mummy? Lol!
A Sugar Mummy is an older woman from 40s and above who enjoys the company of a more younger guy for one reason or the other. And the ‘sugar’, as it were, is the many benefits the young man will enjoy, both in cash and kind and, that is one of the reasons most of these young men don’t see anything wrong in having an affair with a woman who is way older; after all, their ‘service’ is an exchange for something. Wink!
Ever wondered why these women prefer younger men and not men in their age range? We cannot say for sure as there is no conducted survey to back our reasons but these are some of the reasons we think Sugar Mummies prefer younger men:
• Sexual Satisfaction: this is the major factor. Say, for example, a woman whose husband is extremely busy and doesn’t give her the attention she wants might decide to get a side boyfriend who she can spend her time with and easily get sexual satisfaction in return, since the husband is either unavailable or too exhausted to satisfy her sexually (there is no excuse for cheating and we are not glorifying it here, in a case where you feel your husband has no time for you, you should sit him down and talk to him about how you feel).
And in the case of an unmarried woman, a widow or a divorcee, can just want that energetic young man to keep ‘ramming’ her ‘cookie jar’ so she can stay strong and healthy; which a man her age might not be able to give her. Sex has healthy benefits, you know.
• Companionship: some women just want a companion, a man that will always be around the corner to listen to them without interruption and judgement. So they go after younger men who have less issues to deal with in life, rather than a man their age who also has his own ’99’ problems to deal with.
• Romance: this might look a little cliché but some women actually desire this for one reason or the other. Some might have missed it in their younger days, when they were full of life and love, and feel the urge to reignite that passion again. And of course, most men their age might no longer see the need for romance anymore; and so they opt for the younger man who still has the ‘romance fire in him burning’.
• Fun: some just want to have fun, go for a walk on the beach under the moonlight, make Snapchat and Tiktok videos, ice cream dates, the park, even the club! Some women don’t get all these things from the men their age or older and so they prefer these younger men to show them how the world of Gen-Z is. We all agree that this generation sure knows how to have fun and relax.
• Control: some older women like to be in control, they like to be in charge, especially when calling the shots. They want their decisions to be the final straw and they don’t want to answer to anyone. So, this category of women definitely knows they can’t get this from their age mate or older ones, in most cases because naturally, men like to be the one in charge. Hence, they go after younger men that are ready to listen to them, to do their bidding and to be a ‘puppy’ while they tell him what and what not to do.
And in Africa especially, we’ve read and seen movies that show us how sugar mummies also engage in ritual acts and use these men as their ‘sacrificial lambs’. So, while these young men enjoy the ‘sugar’ that comes in cash and cookie jars, they also need to look over their shoulders and be sure that the women they are having moments with, are ‘pure’.
Not to forget, age is just a number, right? And there’s no harm in finding love and happiness from a more younger person. I feel there’s the need to discuss this issue with age and love, ensure you come back on the website, to read all about it!