Presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, says he is being pressured to go on exile.
He stated this against the backdrop of the alleged series attacks against his person different quarters.
Obi stated this is in a statement on Wednesday night on his Twitter handle.
He also said that the leaked audio conversation between himself and the Founder of Living Faith Church Worldwide, Bishop David Oyedepo, was doctored and fake.
Obi, while referring to the recent comments of the Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed, alleged that the All Progressives Congress-led government had been doing everything possible to “divert our attention from our blatantly stolen mandate,” describing the situation as “unfortunate and sad.”
The LP presidential flagbearear wrote, “The present attempts by the APC as a Party, and the APC Led-government through some government officials and agencies to divert our attention from our blatantly stolen mandate is unfortunate and sad.
“These have come and continued to manifest in different ways, such as the malicious accusation of the Minister of Information, Mr Lai Mohammed, the circulation of a fake doctored audio call, and a pressure on me to leave the country.
“Let me reiterate that the audio call being circulated is fake, and at no time throughout the campaign and now did I ever say, think, or even imply that the 2023 election is, or was a religious war.”
Obi however vowed to seek legal redress against the online news platform that shared the leaked audio.
He reiterated that before, during, and after the campaign, his campaign focused solely on issues about a new Nigeria with a shift of emphasis from consumption to production, characterised by inclusion, justice, equity, fairness, and prosperity.
He added that he “repeatedly stated that no one should vote for me based on tribe or religion.
“The attempts to manipulate Nigerians is very sad and wicked. Our legal team have been instructed to take appropriate legal actions against Peoples Gazette and others.
“While we call on all concerned Nigerians and the International Community to implore the APC and the APC Led-government to stop their nasty attacks, my focus and commitment to lawfully and peacefully retrieve our mandate to secure and unite our Nation.
“Elections are over, and we are in court to retrieve our stolen mandate. Let me reiterate that we are doing so through all lawful and peaceful options in line with our legal system and constitution, and I continue to implore all Nigerians to remain peaceful and law abiding.”
On Tuesday, Minister of Information and Culture, Mohammed, Lai Mohammed, had accused Obi and his running mate Datti Baba-Ahmed, of incitement and treason over some of their utterances on the February 25 presidential election.