The Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Kayode Egbetokun said the police have started a comprehensive plan to rescue six young girls abducted in the Bwari Area Council.
Egbetokun said the Force Headquarters is diligently coordinating efforts to address the sad incident and prevent any future occurrence.
A statement on Sunday, January 14, by the Force Public Relations Officer, ACP Muyiwa Adejobi said: “In the wake of the abduction of six young girls in the Bwari Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory, it is vital to state that the Police Force has already initiated a comprehensive plan of action.
“All hands are on deck to rescue the victims. However, the sensitivity of the situation necessitates discretion, and as a result, specific details are being kept confidential to avoid compromising ongoing operations.
“The NPF is actively engaging and contacting individuals crucial to the rescue operations and investigation. The objective is not only to bring perpetrators to justice but also to intensify efforts in rescue operations for victims still in captivity.
“Furthermore, recognizing the psychological impact on affected families, the Police are encouraging open communication with their operatives to provide support, information, and assistance to mitigate the psychological warfare imposed by kidnappers on the relatives and loved ones of their victims.”
Meanwhile, former Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Prof. Isa Pantami has disclosed that his friend has volunteered to pay N50m to rescue the five sisters still in captivity of the gunmen who abducted them in Abuja.
The Daily Crucible reports that there was widespread outpouring of anger and condemnation over the gruesome killing of one of the abductees – a young lady identified as Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar, by the gunmen .
Najeebah and her sisters were abducted on January 9, alongside their father, Alhaji Mansoor Al-Kadriyar.
Her remains have been buried on Saturday according to Islamic rites..
Until her unfortunate end in the hands of the abductors, Nabeeha was a 400-level student of biological science, Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria.
Others abducted include: Najeebah (500 level, Quantity Surveying), Nadheerah (300 level, Zoology)
The gunmen later released their father, asking him to go get N60m as ransom for the release of her daughters before Friday, January 12.
Sympathetic Nigerians donated money into a designatedwere bank account, but the amount so far garnered was not enough money as of Friday.
Consequently, the hoodlums reportedly killed the eldest of the six girls, Najeebah, and dumped her body for collection by her parents.
However, on Sunday, January 14, Pantami on his verified “X” page in a terse statement said: “Alhamdu lil Laah! I am personally not in support of paying ransom to criminals.
“However, since it becomes clear, we lost our daughter Nabeeha yesterday, and the 5 remaining daughters have been threatened, as I spoke with the father on the matter yesterday and today.
“Furthermore, I spoke with a friend and a brother who offered to pay the remaining 50 million Naira of the 60m immediately.
“I conveyed the account number of the father of pur daughters, Mansoor Al-Kadriyar, to the friend and brother to send the money directly. Any additional amount earlier generated from yesterday, the father can use to treat the daughters and other family members in sha Allah.
“May the Almighty Allah reward the bother and friend with Jannatul Firdaus for the donation. May He also reward all those who contributed in any way with Jannatul Firdaus, too.
“May He also forgive Nabeeha and rescue her sisters. May the Almighty also help our security agencies to bring an end to these challenges. May Nigeria be a better place for all of us. I love Nigeria. #Najeebahandhersisters.”