fbpx

No going back on tomorrow’s protest – Labour

Nigeria Labour Congress and its Trade Union Congress counterpart, on Tuesday, ruled out suspension of their planned nationwide mass action against fuel price hike and other policies of the Federal Government.

NLC President, Joe Ajaero, made this known to journalists on Tuesday night at Labour House, Abuja.

TUC President, Festus Osifo had earlier said labour leaders were going into a meeting to take final decision on the protest.

Osifo stated this after a meeting with Federal Government representatives led by Femi Gbajabiamila, Chief of Staff to President Bola Tinubu.

Gbajabiamila had hinted of the possibility of labour calling off the protest.

But Ajaero, while addressing newsmen, said the Wednesday protest would go on as planned.

Details later…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.