Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, SAN, on Thursday, denied allegation that his office was N2billion from the recovered looted funds.
Malami, therefore, challenged anyone with any evidence of such payments to either him or his office to show Nigerians such proofs.
The AGF, in a statement by his media aide, Dr. Umar Gwandu, said all looted funds so far recovered have been applied in accordance with the agreements reached with nations from which such funds are retrieved.
Quoting Malami, Gwandu explained that prior to the repatriation of all the recovered assets, Nigeria and relevant nations signed memorandum of understanding concerning the use the monies will be put to and the government had been working in compliance with all the provisions of multi-national agreements reached.
“It was on the basis of the application of the said funds in line with the agreements that Nigeria earns reputation among international committee of nations which translated into further recoveries,” he stated.
He said the Federal Government has a designated account at the Central Bank of Nigeria for all recovered assets.
Gwandu said Malami has never as a person or as the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, in any way, received any funds from the recovered assets.