Popular Nigerian dancer and choreographer, Kafayat Shafau Ameh, fondly called Kaffy has revealed her near-death experience after taking a medication she was allergic to.
In a post shared on Instagram, the mother of two expressed gratitude to her fans and friends for the quick response, and also advised them to be careful with any drug they are given to use.
Kaffy said her lungs were collapsing, eyes changing colors, belly swelling, and taking breath felt like she was slipping into a dangerous sleep after the effect of the drug set in.
“I’m grateful for life today! I was near-death. Please be careful with any drug you are given. You could be lethargically allergic without knowing.
“Lungs collapsing, eyes changing color, belly swelling, taking breathe feeling like, I was slipping into the dangerous sleep.
“But mercy said no! Thank you God for yet another chance. A lot don’t make it through these avoidable deaths. I am not better than them.
“Thank you all for your prayers and calls. I am grateful for the love that surrounded me,” she wrote.