... Inferno caused by electrical spark, says Garba Shehu
A fire outbreak was recorded at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, on Thursday.
First News learnt that the inferno gutted a part of the Villa, the seat of the nation’s number one citizen, in the afternoon.
But the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, said the fire incident was a minor occurrence.
He said it was caused by an electrical spark, but was immediately put out by staff with fire extinguishers before arrival of the men of the Federal Fire Service.
Shehu added that the inferno only affected a store near the State House Chapel inside the Presidential Villa, and no one was injured.
According to him, “The incident, linked to an electrical spark, was immediately brought under control by alert staff using available fire extinguishers well ahead of the arrival of the Federal Fire Service trucks stationed just outside the premises.
“Luckily, no injury or serious damage was recorded.”